- Title: Chief Accountant
- Salary: Attractive package
- Location: Flexible
- Contact: Peter Fenton
- Reference: W/B026
Categories: Rural/Agri-businesses and Landed Estates
Brocklesby Park is a 27,000 acre rural estate in Lincolnshire. In addition to in-hand farming, let farms, property, renewables, forestry and sporting, the Estate has extensive interests in urban commercial and London property, developments, minerals, fine art and investment portfolios. This is a new role requiring financial rigour and commercial acumen combined with a proactive and entrepreneurial approach.
- Delivery timely management reports, budgets and year end accounts, built upon robust financial controls, systems and procedures to support Trustees with decisions and overall estate management.
- Build and lead a team to ensure production of relevant management information, reduce the reliance upon external advisors and become a key function within an evolving Estate Office.
- Report to the Managing Director and Family. Provide commercial financial analysis, contribute towards the strategic and operational direction of the Estate. Propose and deliver new initiatives and manage the changes required.
- Commercially astute, hands-on qualified accountant, preferably Chartered. Property experience ideal, but not pre-requisite. Proven business acumen and expertise in formulating and developing financial strategy.
- Proactive, energetic and highly numerate with understanding of tax and accounting legislation and structures. Strong IT skills.
- Decisive, capable of meeting tight deadlines with good attention to detail. An able communicator with excellent organisational and leadership skills and a collaborative approach.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.