- Title: Bid Manager
- Salary: £70,000 - £100,000
- Location: South
- Benefits: Bonus + Excellent Benefits
- Contact: Charles Cornwell
- Reference: W/L450
With a true global presence our client is recognised as a leader in nuclear and renewable energy, dealing with power generation, new build and the entire fuel life-cycle for nuclear energy. Key headline figures include:
44 manufacturing sites in 5 continents
Over the coming years our client is looking to strengthen its market presence within the UK through a number of strategic alliances and direct relationships. As such they are looking to recruit key skills within the UK and enhance their working relationship with their international offices. They have identified strategic markets and accounts within the UK and now look for individuals who can help shape their new bids.
Following an ever increasing demand for their expertise and a wider product portfolio our client is looking to continue their growth profile within the UK. At this point their main target is to develop winning bids as part of a consortium with the aim of being a major force in the UK’s nuclear market. Over the next 15 months there are critical roles in working at a strategic level to help shape their tender submission. Once operational roles have been secured you will responsible for the day to day running of certain nuclear sites around the UK. Sites will either be in the stages of energy production or decommissioning. Working with the Bid Director and the Head of Back End Services for the UK you will directly influence the strategic roadmap for the UK. Once major bids are secured there will be on-going requirements for operational support or viable moves elsewhere within the group.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing tenders and the operational strategy.
- Providing specialist input and knowledge for all major tenders.
- Delivering operational support at key nuclear sites, ensuring all technical and management requirements are delivered at the best value for the end client.
- Working with the group’s extended areas of expertise to develop new clients in all sectors from New Build, Reactor Services and Back End Services.
- Being part of the client team in the UK, developing their presence and expanding their footprint in the UK.
- A strong working knowledge of the UK’s nuclear market with a strategic overview and specialist knowledge of operating a nuclear site.
- Strong personal values to ensure the correct focus and drive within the team.
- Able to manage and motivate a large team to ensure operational delivery and the continued development of technical solutions within the nuclear energy cycle.
- Grounding in the practical and commercial requirements of running a major nuclear site. Capable of seeing the bigger picture and controlling the planning, scheduling and complex documentation.
- Able to fit culturally within the organisation and exhibit enthusiasm and initiative to grow and develop a vitally important part of the business.
- Strong communication skills, knowledgeable and comfortable discussing technical and financial issues with both internal and external stakeholders.
Read our Success Stories
Find out how our candidates got on:
Interested in other opportunities?
We welcome direct speculative approaches from potential candidates. If you would like to submit your CV it will be reviewed by a member of the team and kept on our database.